A toddler died swallowing pills at a relative’s place.

A 13 month old boy lost his life after swallowing pills at a relative’s place in Whitby, police reported .
Police are warning people to keep the medication locked keeping away from the access of children.
According to Police, the incident took place on Nov 19 when a 13-month-old boy went into a bedroom and swallowed a single pill he found in the unlocked room.
They say the child had stopped breathing died in hospital two days later following an accidental overdose.
The family asked them to warn others about the dangers of unsecured medication in order to prevent similar deaths, says Police.