Brampton home catches fire caused by smartphone left charging.

Brampton firefighters are warning residents about the potential dangers of charging your smartphone after a fire in a home at the corner of Royal Salisbury Way and Gilmore Drive on the evening of Wednesday, September 6.

Firefighters responded to the blaze at a home in the area of Williams Parkway East and Highway 410, just after 6:30 p.m. for a report of a house fire.

The crew found smoke coming from one of the bedrooms on top floor. The fire was contained and working smoke alarms alerted the occupants to the flames and smoke with no injury reported.

The crews say it appears the blaze was started when a cell phone charging “on an auxiliary source” caught fire and urge  residents  to follow the manufacturers’ instructions when charging a phone, and avoid using generic chargers that purport to be compatible with a number of devices.



Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.