Cigarette reportedly caused fire at Brampton restaurant.

Published on : November 22, 2017 9:07




Brampton firefighters battled a fire on the evening of Monday, Nov. 20 that apparently started when cigarette butts were left burning in a garbage.

No one was injured, thankfully during the blaze at Paramount Fine Foods on Biscayne Crescent, in the area of Steeles Avenue East and Rutherford Road South.

Early reports indicated the fire ignited when cigarette butts were left burning in the garbage, according to Peel Regional Police. But Brampton firefighters are still investigating.

Such incidents are constant reminders to be careful of our actions at all times.