A driver has been airlifted to hospital following a crash in Brampton on Friday, June 19.
– 60 yr old man taken to trauma
– Unknown extent of injuries, being assessed at the hospital
– Single vehicle into a pole
– Pole was knocked down
– Major Collision Bureau is attending the scene
– Howden Blvd is closed between Dixie Rd and Leander St pic.twitter.com/TjF6JXE9oW
— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPolice) June 19, 2020
Peel Regional Police said they received report of a vehicle that had flipped over in the area of Vodden Street East and Howden Boulevard just after 5 p.m. According to Police, the driver was trapped in the vehicle and airlifted to a trauma centre around 5:45 p.m.
“These types of collisions happen in a split second, and we urge anyone who is out driving to drive cautiously through all intersections,” said Sgt. Tim Desaulniers, Shawnigan Lake RCMP detachment commander.
“The investigation will continue for some time before a determination will be made on charges, if any, are appropriate in this collision.”