Region of Peel – Officers from 11 Division have charged a 41-year-old man with numerous firearm related offences.
On Saturday, September 12, 2020, at approximately 6 a.m., emergency services received reports of a pickup truck that had collided into a home in the area of Winston Churchill Boulevard and Bromsgrove Road in Mississauga, and subsequently flee the area.
Responding officers located the vehicle a short distance away and during the course of the investigation, a Beretta handgun and ammunition was located inside of the truck. The driver of the vehicle, Rakeshwar Kisun from the City of Mississauga, was charged with the following offences:
– Possession of a Loaded Firearm
– Knowledge of an Unauthorized Firearm
– Possession of a Firearm Contrary to a Probation Order
– Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing There was an Unauthorized Firearm
– Operation of a Motor Vehicle While Prohibited x9
Rakeshwar Kisun was held for a bail hearing and will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in the City of Brampton on Sunday, September 13, 2020.