Google Plus for personal accounts will shut down on Saturday, 2 April 2019.
The company announced this last week and said consumers should download Google Plus data, before April, if they wished to.
“On April 2nd, your Google+ account and any Google+ pages you created will be shut down and we will begin deleting content from consumer Google+ accounts,” Google said in a blog post on 30 January.
Photos and videos from Google+ in your Album Archive and Google+ pages will be deleted too. “You can download and save your content, just make sure to do so before April,” said the post.
Google, however, assures that photos and videos ever backed up in Google Photos won’t be deleted.
From February 4, you can’t create new Google+ profiles, pages, communities or events.
Google announced in October 2018 that it was shutting down the consumer version of Google+ after it discovered a bug that exposed the data of 500,000 users. Google, which also cited “low usage” as a reason to sunset the platform, said the bug was detected in March 2018.