Region of Peel – An early morning traffic stop by officers from 11 Division has resulted in a man facing numerous firearms related charges.
On September 10, 2020, at approximately 2:30 am, officers conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle in the area of Hurontario Street and Queen Elizabeth Way in Mississauga. The driver of the vehicle was placed under arrest and further investigation led to the seizure of a 9mm Glock handgun, along with a quantity of ammunition.
Asmerom Tsegay, a 29-year-old man from Mississauga, was charged with the following offences:
1) Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
2) Possession of a Loaded Firearm
3) Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
4) Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing There was a Firearm
5) Possession of Ammunition Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
Asmerom Tsegay was held for a bail hearing and appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on September 10, 2020.