In Ludhiana’s Mocpura market, fire breaks out inside a multi-story shawl store

On Friday morning, a large fire broke out at a business in Ludhiana’s Mocpura bazaar.

Up to 35 fire tenders were called into action, and it took the fire department more than two hours to get things under control. The shop, according to officials, is located in Ludhiana’s largest wholesale hosiery cloth market.

Locals claimed that it began around 7 AM in the morning.

Officials from the fire department stated that they arrived at the scene after being told about the event by locals and began the operation to eliminate the fire.

Harish Madan, the shop owner, stated that he was unsure of the exact cause of the fire.

Authorities claimed that an electrical short circuit might have started the incident. “It is unclear what the entire projected loss of goods is,” they claimed.