Liberals made a new announcement this morning to invest in healthcare.
“No one should go without the care they need because they don’t have access to a family doctor. And no one should have to give up food and heat to be able to pay for health care – whether it’s insulin, inhalers, or mental health support,” said the Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada, Justin Trudeau. “We’re going to close the gaps in the health care system, and make sure people can get the care they need, when they need it most.”
A re-elected Liberal government will make sure Canadians can afford and access lifesaving health care.
Liberals promise to improve people’s access to health care by:
- ensuring that every Canadian can easily find a family doctor or primary care team;
- setting clear national standards for access to mental health services so Canadians can get the support they need quickly, when they need it most; and
- continuing to make home care and palliative care more available to those who need it.
Party also pledged to make sure everyone can afford the medications they need by:
- implementing Universal Pharmacare, so that all Canadians have the drug coverage they need at an affordable price;
- establishing the Canada Drug Agency to make drug purchasing more effective and efficient, and implementing a national formulary with partners to set prices; and
- bringing down the cost of lifesaving high-cost drugs for families through the Rare Disease Drug Strategy.