Region of Peel – Investigators from 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau have charged a male with numerous firearms and drug-related offences.
On Wednesday, August 18, 2021, at approximately 8:00 pm., officers commenced an investigation into an incident involving the accused discharging a firearm at an individual. As a result of the investigation, a Criminal Code Search Warrant was executed at a residence in Brampton.
The accused was arrested, a loaded firearm and 16.5kg of suspected Fentanyl was located in the residence.
Investigators from the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau have charged Yash Arora, a 23-year-old male from Brampton, with the following offences:
1. Utter Threats to Cause Death
2. Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
3. Point Firearm
4. Discharge Firearm with Intent
5. Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
6. Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
7. Possession For the Purpose of Trafficking Fentanyl X2
Yash Arora was held for a bail hearing at the A. Grenville & William Davis Court House in City of Brampton on Friday August 20, 2021.