New Program Launched for New Immigrants by Center for Education and Training.
SetCan: Skills and Experience Transitioning starting from Jan 8,2018.
The Skills and Experience Transitioning Canada (SetCan) program is designed for internationally trained accounting and finance professionals to become equipped with the necessary skills and tools to enter the Canadian workforce. This program is funded by Employment and Social Development Canada and presented by the Centre for Education and Training.
SetCan includes a three-week mandatory in-class instruction; CPA Ontario Speed Networking event; one to one individual support; individual employment action plan development and three months of paid internship. Not all participants are eligible for the paid internship opportunity as this is based on a Points Matrix System.
Eligibility Criteria for SetCan
To qualify individuals must have the following:
- Two or more years work experience in the accounting or finance sector.
- Post-secondary degree in the finance or accounting field.
- A recent immigrant (less than 5 years in Canada ) .
- Eligible to work in Canada (Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Conventional Refugee)
- NO previous finance or accounting work experience in Canada
- Actively searching for full-time employment
- Canadian Language Benchmark 7 or higher (verbal and written), based on completion of language assessment.