2017 theme is “Mental health in the workplace”
World Mental Health Day is observed on 10 October every year, with the overall objective of raising awareness of mental health issues and mobilizing efforts in support of better mental health.
Canadian Mental Health Association, ON has shared 8 workplace strategies to promote mental health:
1. Encouraging active employee participation and decision making
2. Clearly defining employees’ duties and responsibilities
3. Promoting work-life balance
4. Encouraging respectful and non-derogatory behaviours
5. Managing workloads
6. Allowing continuous learning
7. Having conflict resolution practices in place
8. Recognizing employees’ contributions effectively
Mental Health is as significant as Physical Health..Lets us be open about sharing if anything disturbs us.