Patrick Brown says he can disprove the allegations against him

Published on : February 11, 2018 11:26




The former leader of Ontario’s Progressive Conservative Party, Patrick Brown who stepped down from his position late last month amid allegations of sexual misconduct, said today he can disprove the accusations.

In a lengthy Facebook post, Patrick Brown wrote that he has been investigating the allegations reported by CTV News. He said specific details of the accusations from two unnamed women, which date back to when he was a federal MP, contain discrepancies that prove the accounts are false. Brown also alleged that both his accusers know CTV reporters socially, and the broadcaster left out a contradicting account from a witness.

Earlier this week, I said the truth will come out. I have been investigating the anonymous allegations against me and…

Posted by Patrick Brown on Sunday, February 11, 2018

“I will clear my name,” Brown wrote in a post that had been shared more than 2,000 times as of Sunday afternoon. “THIS STORY IS FALSE.”

Matthew Garrow, communications director for the broadcaster, wrote in a statement, “CTV is aware of the claims made in Patrick Brown’s Facebook post (Sunday) and those reportedly made in his interview with the Toronto Sun. CTV News stands by its story.”

Brown, whose resignation came just months before a spring election, wrote on Facebook that he will continue to fight for his family and his constituents, as well as his name and reputation.

He wrote,”The .metoo movement is important. I support it. I embrace it. My drive to public service includes creating a safer and more respectful world for women. The .metoo movement is too important to allow outrageous allegations like these to derail it.”

Brown’s resignation caused the PCs to launch a hastily planned leadership contest ahead of the June election.

Votes will be placed online in early March, with the results announced on March 10.