PGI fire incident: Fire erupts at Nehru hospital, 400 patients relocated

Quick Action Prevents Loss of Life Amid Hospital Blaze

In a late-night incident, a fire outbreak occurred at Nehru Hospital within the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) in Chandigarh. The blaze, believed to have been triggered by a short circuit in a computer room, prompted swift action from the hospital’s staff, ultimately preventing any loss of life.

Efficient Evacuation and Fire Control: Hospital residents, faculty members, administrators, and engineering personnel rallied together to initiate the evacuation of patients from the affected old building. Simultaneously, firefighters rushed to the scene to tackle the flames, diligently working to bring the situation under control.

Priority on Patient Care: Amid the chaos, the hospital staff ensured that patients requiring ventilator support were relocated to designated areas, guaranteeing the continuity of their critical care. The coordinated efforts of the hospital team played a pivotal role in maintaining the well-being of these patients.

Relocation of Patients: In total, according to reports 4oo patients, including pregnant women and children, were successfully relocated to other hospital wards. The prompt response and efficient execution of the evacuation plan minimized the potential risks associated with the fire outbreak.

The incident at Nehru Hospital serves as a testament to the importance of preparedness and swift action in ensuring the safety and well-being of patients and staff in the face of unexpected emergencies.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.