Member of Parliament for Brampton North, Ruby Sahota offers some travel advice for anyone travelling abroad from Canada.
“Are you travelling abroad to escape the winter cold? I wanted to take a few tweets to remind you of the importance of safe travel arrangements.” she tweeted.
Following are the tips she offered:
– Before going abroad, Canadian travellers should visit http://Travel.gc.ca and enter their destination in our Travel Advice and Advisories.
– Canadian travellers should also register with the Registration of Canadians Abroad service to receive the latest updates
– Travellers should purchase the best travel insurance they can afford and ensure complete coverage.
– Children should carry a consent letter and other documentation if they are travelling abroad alone, with only one parent or guardian, with friends or relatives or with a group.
– Don’t travel with cannabis.
– Before travelling, Canadians should find the contact information for the Canadian embassy or consulate closest to their destination.