Region of Peel – Investigators from the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau have laid charges against a man in regards to firearm and drug related offences.
On Tuesday, October 12, 2021, at 11:10 p.m., officers investigated a suspicious vehicle parked in a parking lot in the area of Derry Road East and Maxwell Road in the City of Mississauga.
As a result of the investigation, officers located a quantity of drugs along with a loaded firearm.
Jasdeep Dhindsa, a 28-year-old man from the City of Mississauga, is charged with the following offences:
1) Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
2) Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
3) Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing There was a Firearm
4) Breach of Release Order (X2)
5) Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (X2)
Jasdeep Dhindsa was held for a bail hearing and attended the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Wednesday, October 13, 2021.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call investigators at the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453–2121, extension 1233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).