The Sikh Foundation Scholarship program is designed to support exceptional students from the Province of Ontario, Canada in pursuing an academic degree at a Canadian University, for any program of study.
The purpose of the scholarship develop outstanding leaders, by investing in candidates who are in need to financial support, and who demonstrate academic excellence, community involvement. The Sikh Foundation of Canada will annually select two deserving candidates, each of whom will receive $5,000 in scholarship funding.
The selection of the scholarship recipients will be made by an independent, 3-member Selection Committee appointed by the Sikh Foundation of Canada. Scholarships will be presented to the selected recipients at the Sikh Centennial Gala held each year in Toronto.
Founded in 1999, the Sikh Foundation of Canada is a registered not-for-profit organization with focus on education to promote greater understanding and appreciation of Sikh history, art, and culture among Sikh-Canadians and the community at large.
It aims to promote rich Sikh history and traditions by:
• Sponsoring initiatives, research and programs related to Sikh history, art, culture and traditions and;
• Providing scholarships, awards and support to Sikh students to enable them to obtain a post-secondary education and make a contribution to their communities.
To be considered, applicants will be required to submit the following components:
- Grade 11 Transcript
- Grade 12 Mid-term Transcript (if available)
- University Acceptance Letter
- Notice of Assessment, issued by the CRA, for the most recent tax year.
- Essay (500-650 words only. You will be disqualified if your personal statement goes over)
- Resume (2 pages only. You will be disqualified if your resumé goes over)
- 2 signed Recommendation Letters on official letterhead
All components must be scanned into ONE pdf file, and must be uploaded with the Application form. Applicants can use PDFMerge! to combine all application components into one pdf file. Only applications that are fully complete will be considered. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Students are strongly encouraged to apply as early as possible! This will ensure a more adequate review of your application, and will prevent you from experiencing errors in uploading your file. Any offer of a scholarship is conditional upon minimum academic requirements being confirmed.