US Mother warns parents about leaving phone chargers plugged in.

Courtney Davis, a mom of Glasgow, Kentucky is reminding parents to be extra careful when it comes to leaving phone chargers plugged in the wall.

Courtney Davis of  recently posted several graphic images of her daughter on Facebook, after the 19-month-old toddler got an electric burn from putting a plugged-in phone charger in her mouth.

She said, “I have received quite a few messages wanting to know what kind of charger it was. It was a store bought charger that fits a Samsung Note 5.”

Dr. Marc Jeschke, medical director of the Ross Tilley Burn Centre at Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto, says these cases happen quite often.

He says “Kids can chew on cables, bite through and it can do significant damage. I would not suspect this to be a hoax… I’ve been working with burns since the ’90s and this is very common.”

According to the Canadian Paediatric Society, electrical outlets are usually right at a baby’s eye-level and anything from dangling wires to empty sockets can be appealing to a curious child.

The society has suggested  the following tips for keeping your children safe from electric shocks or burns:

Put safety covers on all electrical outlets that are not in use.
Ensure unused safety plugs are out of baby’s reach.
Use only electrical cords provided by the manufacturer of the appliance or fixture, and keep out of reach.
Use extension cords that are the single-receptacle type. Cover empty outlets with safety plugs.


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.